Sunday, July 29, 2012

Saturday July 28th 2012

Sparky and I got up early this morning, well, just like every morning, but here it is still dark at 6AM!  I was surprised that it doesn’t get light until around 6:30 and it is almost seven before the sun finally comes up.

I want to add a picture of Linda and the park model here…

112_4026

I had taken the dead bolt out of the door and we needed to go to Wal Mart to get another one.  I would have gone to Lowe’s but they are to far away and I was sure that Wal Mart would have what I wanted.  They did, in fact I got a set, the dead bolt and the door handle.  We also got a few other thingsSmile

This morning when I was walking Sparky in the dark, we were heading back from the entrance and Sparky saw something and I could see a dark spot in the road and I thought “Oh no” I hope it isn’t a skunk or something like that.  We tried to walk around it  and then it started to run and Sparky started to chase it!  It was a dog!  Whew!  When we got into the light I saw that it had a collar and tag on and the dog looked like Shadow!  He didn’t really like Sparky so we just walked on and it followed us and when we got home he kind of waited outside, I wondered if he had been dumped???

Getting back from Wal Mart Linda said, “who is that”??  Someone was looking at our electric meter, an old man!  When he stood up and walked out from under the orange tree I could see it was someone we knew.  It was Dan, I couldn’t remember his name but he asked if we knew there was and air conditioner running in the house and I said “yes, there are two of them running”.  He introduced himself and told him we met Shadow this morning out by himself.  He said his back hurt so bad he just couldn’t walk the dog so the dog got to go on his own.

Well, I changed the deadbolt and it wasn’t bad at all, just had to have the  door open and it is about100 degrees outside so that made the air conditioner work all that much more. They do a good job though.  I will wait until later for the door handle.  Would be nice to have one key to fit both locks!

I did something this afternoon, or evening that I haven’t done in many years!  I went swimming!  The water was about 90 degrees, very warm, and I was there by myself.  I didn’t stay long, to much exercise for me.

I tried changing the door handle tonight.  To much work, I will wait until this winter when it is cooler.  Everything works fine now but putting in the door handle is going to be a job and I’m not sure it will even fit, good project for this winter, sometime!

We are all getting settled in and it is pretty comfortable,  We have no regrets about purchasing this park model.  It will be a great winter get away!

Time to say  Night Y’all..

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joel, Congrats on your new home. I take it, it is in Texas but where? Does it have any RV hook ups? lol!

    Nick

    ReplyDelete