Saturday, July 7, 2012

Friday July 6th 2012

Another day in a long string of very warm, unpleasantly warm, days. I think Sunday is supposed to be cooler, only supposed to get in the mid 90s!

Not going to do much today, I decided to check my computer to see if it has that virus they are talking about and it says it looks like it is going to be OK.

Called the finance company that has the house next door and after about 20 minutes I finally got to talk to some one and they said they would have some one out within 48 hours to mow the grass.  I was surprised that they were here in about 2 hours and they made it look pretty decent again.

Not going to do much of anything today but for supper I was kind of hungry for spaghetti.  I fixed it on the grill!  Sounds funny right?  Well, I didn’t take a picture of it on the grill but the result I did!

112_3974

Sautéed onion and green pepper with smoked sausage.  We skip the tomato sauce and just use olive oil.  We use Italian spices to set it off though and it tasted pretty good.

Got a call from a friend, Jim and Gail.  They are in South Dakota, Keystone, which is at Mt Rushmore.  They have worked there two years now and love it.  We may try it next year even though we have to think about it.  It would mean leaving this place empty for almost a year!  Not sure we want to keep on doing that.  We would have to get someone to take care of the lawn and watch the place, not sure who I would get to do that.  Something to think about!

We just stayed home and watched TV and didn’t do much else.  Guess I will have to say…Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. That looks really yummy. Would have loved to seen the preparation pictures.

    ReplyDelete