Saturday, July 28, 2012

Friday July 27th 2012

We got to Nacogdoches yesterday as I said.  We did sleep pretty well and by morning the room had cooled off pretty good.  We got ready to leave and the time wasn’t to bad probably around 8AM.  Their hot breakfast was waffles, I’m not a waffle fan, love pan cakes but waffles I’m not that fond of, I do and will eat them but not my choice for breakfast.  We had a couple of pastries.

We got gas before leaving Nacogdoches and got on the road.  We called Bernie and Elinore to ask about the door lock and wondered if it had a latch on the inside, well it doesn’t, it is a key lock on both sides!  That isn’t good.  We called Bob, the park owner and he said he would take his keys down and give them a try and would call us back later.

We drove on praying for a miracle and sure enough about an hour later Bob called back and said we were in!!!!  He had the key for the door handle and the deadbolt wasn’t locked!  Now that is a miracle!

We stopped in Alice for gas, not a great place to stop, it was about four miles from the interstate but we needed the gas, we had driven over four hundred miles on this tank and the car has a small tank.  We only have another hundred plus miles to go to get to Palmview, home!

I’m guessing the temperature right now at 5:30 is around 95 degrees and the house has been closed up for a couple of months.  We started unloading the car and I plugged in the electricity and turned the water on.  Looks like everything is OK.  The temperature inside in 98 degrees.  I turned the air on in the bedroom and let it cool off, I know we won’t be able to sleep with this kind of heat.

I took a shower, Linda was going to until she found she couldn’t get into the tub!  It will be one of the first projects that we do.  I think the tub is regular height but is set on a platform.  I can’t stand up in it so something is going to have to change.

The air conditioner in the bedroom works great.  What a difference in temperature!  We have it set on 75 and it is almost cold!  I’m sure it will be to cold for me to sleep well.

I have some pictures but I’m going to have to find the cord so I can down load them…We are really tired and the bed is soooooo comfortable!!!   Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment