Sunday, July 22, 2012

Saturday July 21st 2012

Another magnificent morning!   Cool out this morning and a nice breeze blowing out of the North so I opened the house and let it air out for awhile. 

I was standing on the porch (deck) just looking at the ground where I wanted to put some cement and have a place for the grill instead of having it in the garage.  I started digging….kind of fun!  I thought I would just do it for awhile but it went quite well…

112_4015

I just eye balled the hole, hopefully I will be able to get the old springs into it and then cover them with cement!  I have four bags of cement left in the garage, the kind you just add water to, but I know that won’t be enough.  I figure I will need about ten more.

Well, I can only put six in the car and that weighs four hundred and eighty pounds.  Puts the back end of the car down for sure..

112_4016

I could have gotten more in here but six was plenty.  I had to go back and get six more.  I could have used another two bags but this will have to do..

112_4017

This was with ten bags….

112_4018

Well, I have it done and it is only 10AM and I made two trips into town!

112_4019

I was also amazed after checking the level of the grill that it was spot on!  May not look real good but I think it will work.  Now I have to clean the grill, it is quite dusty from sitting for so long.

I will have to get a cover for it and then put it in the garage when we leave for any length of time.  Guess I could padlock it to the deck though.

Well, it’s time to take it easy.  I worked up a sweat doing this and it’s only about 11AM now.

Going to take it easy the rest of the day.  I did take Linda’s stationary bike out to the garage.  It was just taking up space in the house and neither of us used it so out to the garage.

We  did move a few things around.  Don and LaVon are coming to visit so need to get the spare bedroom cleaned out for them.  Not much to move but need to do it.

Time to say night y’all and get this posted…..

No comments:

Post a Comment