Thursday, August 4, 2011

Wednesday August 3rd 2011

Today is supposed to be one of the hottest days of the year! A little water on the garden won’t hurt anything. Not sure it will help either though.

Wonder what I will be doing today at work.  It is almost to hot to do anything outside.  I worked on the golf cart again this morning.  I know it is leaking gas so I have to figure out where it is leaking from and you can’t see the engine and run it at the same time.  The only way is to lift the back tires off the ground so that is what I did.  It took a little while but I can see the leak now.  HMMMM, I’m not a mechanic but I figure the carburetor  has a little problem so I take it apart, again. Yes there is a problem.  I lost the float valve. I lost that the last time I took it apart. I also lost the float and the pin that holds the float.  I found the pin and the float the last time and replaced them but I guess there was a valve that goes in there also.  I took another carburetor apart and saw what the missing part looks like and tried to find it but that has been a week ago and no telling where it could be. I think maybe it landed on the chassis which you can’t get at and it has a valley in it that is a catch all and really hard to get things out of it.  Well, we need to order the valve I guess, we will see what Mark says.

This afternoon I did some odd jobs, used the leaf blower for awhile, pulled weeds and picked up trash. Almost to hot to be working outside.

When I got home and watched the weather, the weather forecaster said Cape got up to 103 and it seems we are always warmer than Cape. I drank a lot of water today!

Going to take it easy and rest up tonight.  Just to tired to do much of anything else.  Night Y’all….

Linda made some bacon and tomato sandwiches for supper!  Tomatoes are from our garden, they are starting to come on a little faster now but not real fast.  Hopefully we will get enough for us to give some away…

No comments:

Post a Comment