Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Monday August 15th 2011

Very cool this morning I can see a little bit of my breath, guess it is in the upper 50s maybe lower 60s but feels really cool.

Well today I want to go to town and look at lawn mowers.  I had called a place in Dexter about the Cub Cadet.  I think I have it narrowed down between the Cub Cadet and a John Deere. After Linda got up and we got ready we took a ride down there.  The salesman was very nice and helpful also.  I didn’t like the Cub Cadet riding mower.  For some reason it just didn’t seem right so I looked at the Cub Cadet zero turn and then the Toro zero turn.  Came close to buying one of them but thought I would hold off to see the John Deere mowers.

Went into Sikeston to the implement dealer there and looked at the mowers.  I had a big decision to make between the D140 and the X300. Well, the decision was pretty well made for me.  The X300 had a problem and they couldn’t sell any of them.  They didn’t know why but they couldn’t sell ANY of them.  I liked the D140 though, has two cylinders and three mowing blades and is a LOT cheaper than the X300, so guess what??

100_2970

If this mower will last for fifteen years I’ll be eighty two years old and probably won’t want to mow anymore!  We will see..

Stopped at Wal Mart for groceries, spent a lot of money today!

Linda and I fixed a pizza today, we were going to give one to the neighbors but they had a meeting going on and took a rain check. I think I made a pig of myself eating way to much but boy was it gooooood….

100_2974

Let me see if I can remember what Linda put in it… hamburger, turkey (burger), Italian sausage, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and about three different kinds of cheese, yummy!

After making a pig of myself on the pizza I had desert later on, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich..  I made bread out of the rest of the dough I had left..

100_2975

I used a little of the whole wheat flour.  I have been using it for the last couple of loaves that I’ve made, works pretty good!

Well, after they delivered the mower I had to give it a try. I mowed our lawn and half of the neighbors in less than an hour.  This tractor really goes in the forward gear and the lawn looks very good, I don’t see any places where the mower may have left some grass standing.  I think I’m going to like the mower.

Well, I am tired again tonight but will try to stay awake and watch the weather.  Sounds like it could rain on Wednesday or Thursday.  I know that I am going to have a lot of mowing to do at the park because Grant is getting ready to go to school. The grass is really growing at the park so it really needs to be mowed.  I’ll do what I can do!!   Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment