Friday, August 12, 2011

Thursday August 11th 2011

It is very nice out this morning!  It is cool and looks like it is going to be a gorgeous day!

When I go in to work at 9AM it doesn’t leave much time to do anything around here except play with Sparky which he kind of demands every morning but then he is young and still has a lot energy.

At work Mark decided it was going to be a nice day and we will  cool seal two mobile homes if all goes well.  On the first one it had some leaks so I took a gallon of tar and sealed everything that looked like it could leak. I think I did find where it was leaking though and tarred it up really good.

I started on the other one before lunch and it was kind of a mess.  The old cool seal was flaking bad and whoever did it before used duct tape on the seams and edges.  Guess that is OK but I had to remove some of it then go over the bad spots with a steel brush to get the lose stuff off so we could seal it.  Worked out pretty good and hopefully it won’t peal like the last coat.

We finished the second mobile home about 3PM and after getting all cleaned up and putting stuff away I got the mower out and mowed for the next two hours.  That was refreshing.

When I got home I wanted to mow our lawn and Daniel’s.  The grass has really grown the last week!  I made a couple of rounds and the mower plugged up.  I had to stop and we hoisted the tractor up so we could clean the deck.  I finally got the pressure washer out and cleaned it to a certain point.  Before I finished mowing it was plugged up again and the only way to clean it is to get it up off the ground and either pressure wash it or use something to pry the plug out.  Either way it isn’t fun and now I’ve decided to get a new mower.  An hour of mowing and an hour of cleaning the deck isn’t right.  Hopefully the mowers will be on sale later this fall.

After a shower and a little supper I took it easy again for the rest of the night.  I was going to grill out tonight but it was after 8PM when I finally made it into the house.  Larry finished mowing my lawn and half of Daniel’s lawn.  He has a small John Deere that works quite well so I may end up getting a John Deere also.

Well time for bed..Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment