Friday, August 19, 2011

Thursday August 18th 2011

Beautiful morning, kind of cool and breezy but will probably get kind of warm, not to worry though I think it will be OK.

Mark wasn’t at work again this morning but Bo, their dog was.  Not sure if they have left yet or they have something else going on.  No one was waiting so I put a sign in the window saying “be back at 1PM”.  (They are taking Grant to Springfield MO for college).

I stopped and asked Meirlen and he didn’t know anything either. Oh well, I have work to do so while I was getting ready I let Bo out for a little bit.  Filled the mower with gas and greased it so I am about ready.  I put Bo back inside and took off.  Every thing went well for about forty five minutes then I had a flat tire.  I am about as far away from the shop as I can get so I have to walk back, get the things I need, take the golf cart back, repair the tire, return the golf cart and probably walk back again. Luckily Grant was there (after my second trip) to take me back to the mower.  Guess what?? The tire stayed up the rest of the day!  Guess the green slime does work pretty good!

I had to go get a container of gas after lunch so I could finish mowing. After about five hours my rear end started to get a little sore so I had to get off a few times to stretch.  The seat isn’t the most comfortable seat in the world but then I get sore sitting in the car after a few hours.

After I got home I thought I would mow the lawn but Daniel had different plans.  He wanted to move his gigantic TV which was on rollers so it wasn’t to bad but I think it is a 52” projection TV and it stands almost five feet tall and probably five feet wide and two feet thick and probably weighs in at 150 pounds or more.  I could lift one end and fortunately it rolled almost everywhere, had to lift it over door jams(?), I can’t remember then name of the part under the door, getting old I guess. (Thresh hold!!)

Got a picture of Daniel and Kiley’s new abode…

100_2982

The bushes on the right side are dying and they used to be where the trailer is sitting now.  I think Daniel is going to plant something different there.

Well, I didn’t get to finish mowing, the clouds were coming in fast and there is a lot of lightning so I decided to wait until next week.  It doesn’t really look all that bad I just wanted to use the new mower.

The corn field across the road is starting to turn now, fall is on it’s way and corn picking time will be here shortly.  There are some fields that look like they are almost ready now…

100_2983

This field looks pretty good, it was irrigated and I think it will probably have a very good yield.

Linda fixed some cheese and potato Pirogue's with pizza sauce.  I think they were very good.  We have never had them before, they look like ravioli’s to me.  Don’t taste like them though.

Well, I think I’m about finished for today, it was hot today and I’m kind of tired so I guess it’s bed time..Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment