Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Monday August 22nd 2011

Looks like it is going to be another pretty nice day, little warm, little humid but nice.

Lots of things I want to do today but can’t start until it gets a little dryer out. I have a leak in the garage roof that I want to fix and I need to get another row of sweet corn taken out of the garden and I would like to mow the lawn. Everything is wet though so I am going to wait for a couple of hours.

I started looking for things to download on Linda’s new Kindle.  She likes to read the USA Today but it is a little expensive, I was hoping that we could get one paper at a time, when she wanted it, instead of one everyday. Guess that can’t be done.  The reviews weren’t all that great either. The paper can be downloaded on the computer cheaper and it is exactly the same as the real newspaper and it is cheaper. Probably won’t do that either.

It is about 11AM and I guess it is time to go to work.  I got up on the roof of the garage and cleaned off the place I wanted to caulk and got that done. Then I cleaned out the row of sweet corn and got out the roto tiller and messed up the grass in the garden. I think it looks a little better but it doesn’t look “pretty”! The grass doesn’t look dominant now.

Time to mow now, the grass will probably stay wet all day so I will mow it anyway.  I like the mower, it does a good job and is easy to steer. The reverse when the mower is going is something I don’t care for but I am starting to get used to it.  You need to push a button until you start backing up, every time you want to back up. It is kind of a hassle but I guess it is a good safety feature.

The neighbors gave us some ribs, already cooked, so we baked some sweet potatoes and opened a can of pork and beans.  Really good ribs! We also had some of our garden fresh tomatoes!  They are good too.

Well, other than watching some TV and Linda reading stories on her Kindle we didn’t do much of anything else today.  I did get to take a nap before going to bedSmile!!!  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment