Saturday, August 6, 2011

Thursday August 4th 2011

We got some rain yesterday!!  It rained pretty hard and the wind blew a lot. We really needed the rain but I don’t think it will help the garden a lot, it is pretty well over heated now and the corn is dying. The tomatoes should be OK and the Okra also.

Well, Mark looked for the needle valve that I dropped somewhere and he couldn’t find it either.  I called the golf cart place in Neelyville and the guy there said he would send us a couple needle valves free.  The whole carburetor  would cost $186.  We will try the free parts first.

Mark and I drove through the park to get a few things for me to do today because I will be on my own again.  He will work at the cell phone store again for C.W. who took another vacation day.

Throughout the day I think I got every job done that he had listed plus a couple extra ones.  I kept busy all day and the temperature is only about ninety today so it isn’t to bad.

When I got home the electric bill was in the mailbox.  Not looking forward to this.  We’ve had to run the air conditioner all month because the heat and humidity were so high.  I figured $250, our home is all electric, and Linda of course made me guess. it was only $126!!!!  That is amazing!!!  We do run our air a little different than most other people though. During the day if it is really hot we set it on 81 degrees and then at night we keep turning it down until we get to 77 degrees.  May sound a little warm but for some reason we are both very comfortable.

Well, I had picked some sweet corn the other day and tonight I had a couple of ears.  It tastes good but it is getting pretty tough.  I think I should have picked it sooner.  We still have corn coming on but I planted it later. Hope it will be OK.

Mowed the lawn tonight.  There are only a few places that need mowing. I mowed Daniel’s back yard, for some reason it is really green and growing like crazy.  I mowed our front yard and part of the back yard under a tree where the roots are starting to sprout little trees, lots of little trees!

Well, another night to sit back and relax, did enough today I feel like I need the rest.  Oh, Bits made some goodies and I brought them home, not good for Linda’s diet but they were excellent.  I had to ask what was in them because I couldn’t tell.  They were made from crescent rolls, cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon.  I love cream cheese!  These were excellent for adding inches to your waist line!

I missed the weather forecast tonight, guess I had my eyes closed!  Night Y’all…..

No comments:

Post a Comment