Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunday August 28th 2011

I was going to try to go to Puxico to church.  Our neighbor, Larry is the pastor there and I didn’t realize that until the other day when we were talking.  They are having their homecoming today with a group called the Pullen’s singing.  Linda wasn’t feeling up to it so I went on into Fellowship for Sunday School and church.

This afternoon I figure I may as well take a nap, this is usually the only day I can take a nap.  I didn’t sleep long but it was refreshing.

Tonight I went back to Fellowship and the were having “Teen Challenge”  at the service tonight and I figured it would be a bunch of teens doing something, I was wrong.  I don’t think any of the women were teens, well, maybe one but I don’t think she was either by her testimony. The lady on the left is the oldest of the group and she is forty two years old and they all have addictions to drugs or alcohol but are on their way to recovery…

100_3016

Even the director has been through the program which is thirteen months. Sad how people get caught up in these kind of addictions.  The service wasn’t long, they sang three songs and the director, the girl on the right and the girl on the left all gave their testimonies.  Very interesting! Sounds like Teen Challenge is a very good program.

Not much going on again tonight so I will sign off and say Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment