Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Monday August 8th 2011

I have today off and don’t really have anything planned.  I know that we have to go to town for a few things and I left my chain saw chains at Delta Growers to get them sharpened and they should be done today.

I picked some more corn today and took out the first row of corn that I planted and I found out that Sparky likes sweet corn!

100_2947

He took one of the ears that I had laying on the ground and he shucked it and ate all the corn off of it!

We have locusts also…

100_2945

These are just the shells and it looks like they just stop and drop their shells where ever they happen to be.  Amazing.

Some of the corn that I picked I grilled and it turned out quite well except it is a little tough, kind of beyond it’s prime…

100_2951

It tastes pretty good and looks good but with the hot dry weather we’ve had it is just a little tough and chewy.

This afternoon it seems to have cooled off just a little.  I think our hot spell is over for awhile. The weather forecast says that it won’t be in the 90s now for the next week.  I can handle that.

Well, for today that is about it, guess it will have to do until tomorrow.  Night Yall…

No comments:

Post a Comment