Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Apr 27th & 28th 2013

We are getting the rain!  It isn’t raining hard but it is steady, I think when it was all over we had more than an inch of rain.  Guess we needed it because we were still short on rainfall for the year, this should help get us back in the normal range.

We aren’t going to do much today, I downloaded a couple of games on my computer so I will try to keep warm and play games.

I am having a hard time keeping warm.  I have the temperature up to 77 in the house and I still have my coat on!  I must be getting old.

There sure isn’t much exciting going on on Saturday.  I did take a picture of our fruit plate (desert) though…

P1010807

This pretty well takes care of the craving in the evening.  Orange, strawberry, grapes, blueberries (when available) and banana.  Pretty good  fruit portion for the day.  Oh, I top it off with some sweetened coconut.

Sunday is still cloudy and pretty chilly but it warmed up even though the clouds didn’t go away until almost dark.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day.

Sunday School and church were really down today. Lot of sickness going around.  Coyita was in the hospital this week, didn’t even know it!  Since John resigned and Coyita is sick we had some canned music at both services which really worked out quite well.

Even though the services were down in numbers, Randy had a couple of really good sermons.  I enjoyed them anyway.

After church I made some soup, vegetable with beans.  Linda liked it but I’m sure that it will be potent!!!  I was right!

I got my new Sunday School book titled “Survival Kit” and I read the first lesson in each book.  I think it will be a pretty good study, hopefully I will be able to lead it and have a good class.

I have been reading a book called “Not a Fan”.  Very interesting, actually very eye opening!  It gives examples of being a “fan” and being a “follower” which really can open your eyes to how you are living your Christian life!

 

Guess that is about all for today, or this weekend.

My little hotspot is about out of time.  I let Linda download some games on  her notepad and it used almost all the time I had left.  If it was up to me to use it I would have time left and lose it.

Time to say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment