Thursday, April 11, 2013

Wednesday April 10th 2013

I am taking the day off today, got lots of stuff to do. 

It is nice and warm out today, I think maybe it is going to be a nice day, tonight may be a different story.  Supposed to get some bad storms tonight.

We stopped at Wal Mart on the way in to get our passport pictures taken, took awhile to find anyone working in the store but finally got someone to get someone else back there to do it.  Well, it is a bummer that we can’t get our pictures until this afternoon and we need them when we go to New Madrid so I guess we will wait until this afternoon to do that.

We went back into town to get our medicines and then for groceries.  Got our pictures and headed to New Madrid.  First thing we did was go get the license for the camper.  I really don’t like the way Missouri does their license plates, or tags.  I don’t think I have ever gone in there but what I was missing something,  Today is was proof that I paid my taxes, it is right there in the same building!  I asked if they couldn’t just call, “nope” have to see it so I had to go pay a dollar to get the proof that I paid it then got my sticker for my license plates.  Really hard to give Missouri money. I am really tempted to my my registration and plates to Montana or Nebraska, a lot less hassle there.

We went upstairs to get our passports, or apply for them, and that took awhile.  The lady was very nice and we decided to get the card instead of the book.  I don’t think we will be going anywhere other than Mexico or maybe Canada and it was a lot cheaper.

Almost forgot, I put Weed and Feed on the yard this morning.  That was kind of expensive.  Most of our yard is weeds and I’m not sure what to do about it.  I have put grass seed down but the weeds have pretty much taken over the lawn.  Oh well, it is greenSmile

I fried up some onion and portabella mushrooms for supper.  Also had my cup of beans.  Pretty good.

At church tonight it was a business meeting which went pretty good.  At the end of the meeting Pastor read the resignation that John handed in. Not sure if he has another job or what is going on but it really didn’t surprise me, just a little sooner than I figured.  Will have to find someone else now for the quartet.

Nice night tonight, lightning started and the wind blew and the rain came down.  Not near as bad as they had predicted even

though some places had tornado sightings.  We needed the rain so we will praise the Lord for that!

I’m having problems with my computer so I will say Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment