Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sunday October 30th 2011

Linda and I went to church at Fellowship again this morning.  Sunday School was good again and the church service went very nice also.  I was in the choir so I didn’t get a picture of the lady that sang the special music. She did a great job, very powerful voice.

Linda and I stopped at Arby’s for lunch.  Linda likes their Reuben Sandwich. I just had a roast beef.  Pretty good and the curly fries are good also.  A drink came with it, I never order a drink, and I got a green tea with peach.  That was pretty good.  It had artificial sugar in it but it still tasted good.  The peach actually tasted like fresh peach, not artificial.

We took it easy this afternoon.  Tonight is the Fifth Sunday night sing and I asked Omalene is I could sing with them.  This will be a first, we have never sung together and I’m not sure who the other person, besides J.W., her husband will be.  When we got to church they were talking with the organist so we went and sat down and then went into the choir room to practice.  It went pretty well, the other person is from our Sunday School class, Joan.  She has a voice that really carries.  I’m really nervous about tonight.  I am doing the reading “The Apple Tree Song” and then we will sing “I’ll Fly Away”, I think.  We practiced that one and “What a Day That Will Be”  so right now I’m not sure, guess we will play it by ear.

They have a lot of really good talent here and all of the singers did very good.  Linda and I made a recording of all the singers except for Rick who sang first and I had forgotten about the camera so I only got a small piece of his song.

I guess we did OK, after watching the video, I think maybe we could have practiced a few more times but it was OK.

There was a fellowship afterwards with chili and desert.  That was actually very good!  We sat with Herman and Sandy, they are nice, divorced and now on the way back to getting together.  Really a nice couple.

Well, tonight was a night at home to watch TV again.  Not much on tonight though, watched some HGTV. Time to go to bed…Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment