Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Monday November 28th 2011

Well, it’s not a nice day!  Rainy, cold etc etc etc….

We aren’t going to do a lot today, need to run into town and get a new battery for the camper.  I’ve tried taking the battery out and putting the charger on it and as soon as I do it sounds like the battery is frying!  Not a real good sound for sure.  I’ve been checking the internet for different places to get a battery and I think I will probably end up getting it at Wal Mart.  Can’t remember how much they cost but I’m taking an old lawn mower battery in for the exchange.  We stopped at Slusher’s, that is where we had the new tires put on the car at, so they could check the air pressure.  When driving, there is a warning light on that is a tire, not sure what it means but if they check the air pressure maybe that will do it!

After checking the air pressure I backed the car out and parked it and guess what????  The warning light is off.  The man said all four tires were low on air by a few pounds so they got them back up to where they are supposed to be.  Well, that takes care of another problem and maybe I will start getting better gas mileage again.  Checked the batteries there, $85 with the exchange and they wouldn’t take the lawn mower battery. Sooo, Wal Mart..

Marvin was working in the auto section and I found the battery I wanted and I asked him about the exchange, he said any battery would do!  Well, this battery was $59 so I jumped on it.  I will take it home and put it on the charger for awhile before putting it in the camper to test it there and see if I have a short somewhere that is draining the battery.  Hopefully it was just a bad battery.  Well, it is over five years old and guess it is time to replace it.

It is cold in the house!  We don’t keep the heat turned up so we dress pretty warm.  Linda still gets cold, even worse than me and that is a surprise!  She is pretty warm blooded until it gets cold I guess.

The rain is starting to change into snow. Oh me!  That means it is getting colder.  Temp is about 38 by the car thermometer!  The weather tonight says there is a winter storm warning. That isn’t nice either.  Looks like the snow goes all the way down into Mississippi!  Maybe we should be in Illinois where it is warm and dry?  Not sure what the weather is like up there.

Enough of all this, time to say Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment