Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thursday November 17th 2011

Today it is pretty chilly but not as chilly as it is supposed to be tomorrow! I have things I want to do today like check the bearing for the tow dolly.  I can’t see how to get it off so I will check with Redneck trailer parts and see what they have.

We went to town early and I dropped Linda off at Wal Mart and I went to the parts place. The guy was really helpful but since I didn’t have anything to go by, he just had to guess at what I had so I went on home after picking up Linda and took it apart. Once I got it apart and cleaned up I took it back into the parts place and we, or he, found some parts that would probably fit so I got a new hub and bearings.  After getting home I tried the hub and it fit the wheel perfect unfortunately the bearings were to big so I had to make another trip into town and get the smaller bearings.

112_3241

As you can see, I figured out how to get it off even though it wasn’t the right way, but now I know the right way in case I need to change the other side!!!

Tape measure isn’t real accurate especially when you are within a fraction of an inch.  Traded the bearings for the smaller ones and also had to get another grease seal to keep the grease in.  Glad I did I sure didn’t want to take it apart again or make another trip to town.  I think I made at least three trips to town and maybe four.  I bought a new grease gun.  I have one but it doesn’t work for some reason.  When I got home I packed the bearings and put grease on the spindle, pictured above, and put it together.  The wheel turns and doesn’t wiggle so maybe I have it right!

I think I will take it out tomorrow to see if it will “hurl” grease all over the wheel or get hot or fall off, I’m not real sure of my workSmile

Not a lot going on tonight.  Connie, Linda’s sister called and gave me a hard time because of the mistake I made on the date.  Glad she did because I probably wouldn’t have noticed it.  Glad she reads the blog though because this is a plethora of information!!

It is time to call it a night….Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment