Thursday, October 6, 2011

Wednesday October 5th 2011

Another beautiful day, supposed to be a great week, no rain so the farmers can harvest their crops and I can do some things here at home.

I went into town early, made sure that Daniel remembered that it was wood day today.  He remembered, but he had an appointment for therapy, he has had shoulder surgery and is recuperating.

I went to Lowe’s and started picking up lumber.  One of the employees started helping me.  I used three carts to put the lumber on and they were heavy!

I kept thinking of things that I needed so before I finally paid for the lumber I had gotten stain for the pump house (sealer) and ordered steel roofing for it. More than I wanted to spend but I think if I get it done right it will look nice.  Now I have to figure out if I want to sink another sand point or not.  Deck first.

After I paid for all the stuff I had to wait awhile for Daniel.  It took him a little longer he expected.  That was OK, I got to have a couple of cups of coffee which was much, much better than the coffee from Barnes and Noble.

We got the trailer loaded and headed home with no problem.  We unloaded all the stuff in the garage, hopefully all the stuff I need first will be on top!

I decided to start taking the old deck down, it was getting a little late but I have tomorrow.  I didn’t get a lot done, I broke my hammer!  Back to Wal Mart to get a few things.  Since we will be using the front door I had to buy a new lockset.  Bought two new hammers and two pry bars.  Got the lockset installed and then back to the deck.  Here are a couple of pictures..

100_3103

This didn’t come apart as easy as I thought it would!!

100_3105

Linda is inside taking pictures.  Got the deck torn apart but I may use the steps if they aren’t in to bad a shape.

It was starting to get dark so it’s time to quit.  I checked the email on my phone….not really used to doing that.  I like to delete my junk mail before opening it but haven’t figured out how to do that on the phone.  It also take me awhile to hook the computer up to the phone so I can use the internet but I think the longer I use it and the more I use it the easier it will be to hook it up.

Another night to watch TV and I did take some Tylenol to keep from getting a back ache… Night Y’all…..

No comments:

Post a Comment