Friday, October 14, 2011

Thursday October 13th 2011

Glad I mowed the lawn yesterday, I also fertilized it and seeded it again, because it rained last night!  We had a really good rain, probably got a half inch or better.  Should make the grass grow.  I transplanted an oak tree but I think that it is going to die.  I dug it up from next to the house and I think I may have broken the main root, it doesn’t look real healthy now.

We are going into town today to pick up the steel roofing at Lowe’s.  I measured the car and there is no way I am going to get that steel in the car.  We took the camper in to get the steel.  Cole, the guy that is reworking the mobile homes for Mark, said that Lowe’s isn’t the place to get stuff if you are in a hurry.  He was right. The guy that took my order took all the dimensions and ordered what I needed.  Well, when I went to pick it up, they couldn’t find the roofing and all I had was some screws and two corner pieces!  I finally went back with one of the guys and found the steel roofing, which had a different name on it, and it also didn’t have enough pieces!  What a bummer!  Well, they said they would order the other two pieces and give me a ten percent discount on what I had already gotten even though it wasn’t cut to the right length.  OK, it took about an hour and a half to get all this done.  Was it worth $10???  I don’t have anything else going on so I guess it is OK and worth it to stick around.

Almost forgot, before we went to Lowe’s we went to Aldi’s and Linda kept picking up “stuff” that I wouldn’t buy and I don’t think we need but she does.

She picked up a waffle iron and a food processor and was going to get a blanket.  We have so many blankets and quilts I really don’t think we need another blanket, but she says “it’s so soft!”  She didn’t get that.

Got all the stuff home and unloaded. Will have to take the camper back into town to pick up the other two pieces they ordered but at least the camper gets a little use.

Now I’m try to figure out how I’m going to build the pump house and what we are going to do without water for awhile.  That part is kind of scary.  I would really like to put in another sand point or at least new pipe for our old sand point. Really don’t want to go to all this work and then find out our pipe is rusted through and needs to be replaced!  Like to get it all done before it happens.

Well, we are having waffles for supper.  Linda found a recipe and is going to try it.  After fixing the waffles I think she is going to take the waffle iron back.  She made three waffles and it took almost an hour to cook them!  Don’t think that is right!!  Instead of making the last one I got the frying pan out and made a pan cake out of it.  They tasted good but takes forever to cook and I like pan cakes better anyway.  I can spread peanut butter on pancakes better than wafflesSmile.

We are watching TV tonight, I did get a little nap during a couple of the shows though……Night Y’all..

No comments:

Post a Comment