Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wednesday October 19th 2011

Today we are going to go to Sterling to see Linda’s sister and my Step Mother Marian.  We got up early, to get on the road.  It is very cool and still sprinkling, not a nice day.  I left the garage door open for the dogs so they could keep dry and they must have stayed in there, they came out this morning when I took Sparky out.

We dropped Sparky off at the Vets office and got on the road about 8:45AM which wasn’t to bad, should make it to Sterling about 4PM.  Most of the trip was cloudy and raining and I drank to much coffee this morning!  I hit every rest area on the way up and had to make a few pit stops at gas stations.  I think the really cool weather may have had something to do with that.  The trip went very well, Linda read some more of the book to me and that was pretty interesting.

I was right, we pulled into the Super 8 at 4PM and got checked in then went up to the hospital in Sterling to see Marilyn.  She looks pretty good for having a heart attack.  I took a couple of pictures…

112_3148

She still faces more surgery to put in some more stints(sp?)

This is Sherry, Marilyn’s daughter and Marilyn…

112_3151

Marilyn seemed to be pretty happy which surprised Linda and me!

After visiting with Marilyn we went to Franklin Grove to see Marian.  Her daughter-in-law, Sandy, has been with her almost every day to help feed her and to encourage her.  Marian even says without Sandy she wouldn’t have made it and I can believe it.  I think Sandy is getting tired though, it has been about five months she has been doing this and I think it has been every day!!  Amazing!!

112_3153

Marian has resigned herself to the fact that she will never walk again and part of the reason is she is scared of falling again.  I think her muscles have relaxed so much now that she would have to go through rigorous rehabilitation to get her strong enough to get up.  Sandy said she had gained a pound this week so that means she is eating.  Didn’t look like it when we got there but I would imagine she doesn’t have much of an appetite!

We stopped at the Candlelight for supper.  Linda saw they had coconut shrimp so I took here there.  She got the coconut shrimp and I got a Philly Cheese steak sandwich.  I want to to to Philadelphia and have a real one to see if I think they are better.  One of these days!!

Got back to the room late and watched a little TV then to bed.  Tomorrow is another long day…Night Y’all……

No comments:

Post a Comment