Friday, October 28, 2011

Wednesday October 26th 2011

October 26th already, this month is really going by fast.  I think I’ve said that before.  I’ve heard that the older you get the faster the time goes by and I have to believe it.  The neighbor boys weren’t in school yesterday and today they are in the fourth grade!!  We saw their names in the paper.  They were both on the Honor Roll!  Keaton and Wesley are quite the kids. Landon is to but I think he is into girls now, not sure if that is the reason. His Dad said he forgets to turn in his homework!  He definitely can get on the honor roll, guess he has been there quite often.

I have the day off today and I decided to work a little more on the dog house.  I put some carpeting on the floor and sealed some of the cracks.  It doesn’t leak and I put a little cover over the door to keep some of the wind and cold out.  They do use it, sometimes.

I also decided to stain, or seal the wood for the pump house.  I’m using OSB board for the shell and I wanted to put something on it to help keep the moisture out. I bought a gallon of sealant from Lowe’s and figured today was as good as any day!  It doesn’t look to bad on the OSB but on the treated lumber it doesn’t look good at all.  It has a Redwood color.  We won’t be able to see it anyway, the outside will be covered with steel and the inside with insulation.  Hopefully it will keep the boards from deteriorating quite so fast.

We went into town and did some shopping, not sure what for but we spent some money, I think a lot went for groceries which is kind of bad because we will be leaving for awhile and have a freezer full of frozen stuff that we can’t take with us, oh well, maybe we won’t have to buy groceries for the next month, you think???

Tonight is church night.  I almost forgot, so I got ready and headed into town.  I was going to ask Omalene  if I could sing a song with her and maybe Jane.  They sang one a while back called “What a Day that will be” and that is one of my favorites!  I have lots of favorites though.  Back to the story, when I got to church, Omalene and her husband got there at the same time so I asked here and she was very receptive to the idea and she asked if I would do a reading.  Sure!  I went over to their house after church and the reading is “The Old Apple Tree”.  Reminds me of the song “Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree”  only this isn’t a song but has kind of the same theme.  Good reading, I think we will do it Sunday for the Fifth Sunday Sing.

Well, got home kind of late and Linda was on the phone talking to her sister who is supposed to get out of the hospital soon.  After all that surgery I would think she would be pretty sore but the prognosis sounds a lot better than before.  Time will tell…

Time to say Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment