Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Monday October 17th 2011

Well, today Mark has me scheduled to work all day.  Cole finished up with another mobile home so I get to go clean up the mess and then there is some staining to do after that.  I think I will have enough to do to keep busy for a whole day.

I started staining some boards and didn’t have enough stain to finish the job so I started cleaning.   There are a few spots that need staining in the mobile home so I will get on that after lunch.  I used the shop vacuum to do the floors because the regular vacuum cleaner just doesn’t get the job done on these floors.  After a remodeling job there is wood splinters and most everything else embedded in the carpeting so I sit on the floor with the hose and try to get all this stuff out of the carpet.  Not hard work but it takes about three hours to do two rooms and a hallway.  I got most everything cleaned up and then went back to the storage trailer and did a little more staining.  I didn’t finish everything but Cole is going to be gone for three weeks so I guess they won’t need the stained boards for awhile.

I think it is kind of funny, I checked to see how many minutes we used on the new phone and the “anytime” minutes, we haven’t used any!

We watched TV and Linda got a phone call from her sister Connie.  Not good news, Linda’s older sister Marilyn had a heart attack and is in the hospital having surgery.  Linda spent a lot of time on the phone and before we went to bed she found out that her situation isn’t good at all. The Doctor said she was really lucky to be alive.  She had had surgery a couple months ago and with the blockage in her heart she was lucky to have made it through that surgery.  Now, well, not sure how she is going to do but hopefully she will be able to make it through this.  They put a temporary  pace maker in to keep her heart beating!  That doesn’t sound to good either.  I think we will probably go up to Illinois to see her on Wednesday….found a picture of Linda and Marilyn…

100_1490

Been a long day…Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment