Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sunday October 9th 2011

I decided this morning to go to the Shady Acres Church of Christ just to see what it is like.  The people are friendly and the Sunday School Teacher was very smart!  There was no discussion that I can remember, I don’t remember what the class was about though so that is probably why I can’t remember!  The church service was really different, singing with no instruments, songs I didn’t know either, but they had communion at the beginning of the service and I wonder if they do this every Sunday???  The rest of the service was also different. I guess the preacher preached on the “Good Samaritan” or maybe it was about the others that passed by, not real sure.  I guess this will probably be my last time  going there. I wasn’t impressed with any of it but the people were pretty friendly.

Lunch was pretty good, had chili mac!  We had some left over chili and I made some mac and cheese, really hit the spot!

I got to take a nap this afternoon which was great.  I don’t get to take naps very often and Sunday is a good day because I’m not going to do anything else and I don’t really want to watch TV.

I stopped on the way to church to take a picture of the cotton field down the road…I will try to find them…

100_3120

100_3121

The fields are really pretty, I didn’t touch the cotton but it sure looks soft!  They are starting to pick it and this year they are using different machines. Well, maybe a little different, instead of putting the cotton in large rectangular bales they are now making round bales that look like they are about twelve feet tall, takes a big tractor to move them.  I wonder now how they will transport them to the gin???

Went back to Fellowship Baptist this afternoon, went early enough for choir practice but it had been cancelled so I had time to do a little reading while waiting for church to start.

He is preaching out of Revelation chapter 20 about the first resurrection and it was very interesting!  He is doing a good job and I’m really enjoying this series!

Not a lot going on tonight, a little TV and to bed…Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. That cotton is really pretty. Looks like the cotton in Arizona, except the cotton is about 3'-4' tall in AZ and covered with cotton. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete