Friday, October 21, 2011

Thursday October 20th 2011

Heading back to Sikeston this morning.  It is windy and very chilly.  The weather forecast is for a freeze tonight!  That is here in Sterling.  Hopefully Sikeston won’t be quite as cold.  Probably frost on the old pumpkin though.

We got on the road about 9AM which wasn’t to bad. The price of gas jumped here over night about ten cents  a gallon.  I’m going to wait and see if it is cheaper down the road.  Not much luck.  Got some gas in Peoria, actually filled up at the same price it was on the way up.  This will get us back to Missouri now.  Linda bought me a new “tool” at a Casey gas station.  It is a flashlight with many screw drivers on it.  The flashlight is an LED but the battery (one of them) leaked and rusted the terminal.  Well, when I get home I will see if I can get it to work.  She also bought me a billfold.  She had gotten one of those metal ones from Wal Mart.  Not good for me, I think it lasted about 2 months and the plastic latch broke.  I used a rubber band to keep it closed but I lost that tooSmile.  She is so nice to me!!!  I did get the flashlight to work and transferred all my stuff from the old billfold to the new one!!  Busy night!

We had a pretty good day of traveling.  I wanted to stop at Arby’s for a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich to see if it was any better than the Candlelight.  About the same.  So far I’m not a fan of Philly Cheese Steak. I think that I could make a better one.  Will go to Philadelphia one day and try a real one there.  That is sometime in the future though.

We made it back to Sikeston about 4:30pm picked up Sparky.  I think he was glad to be on the way home.  I think the big black dog may have been locked in the garage, not sure but he was in there when I raised the door.

I found a picture of Marilyn, Connie and Linda, and if I can I am going to post it right here…

100_0605

I think this picture was taken in 2007 but I’m not real sure.  I had to get it off of the desk top, guess I didn’t have this laptop at that time…

Going to take it easy tonight, I’m kind of tired and need to get some rest. Today was a long day…..Night Y’all…..

No comments:

Post a Comment