Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Monday October 10th 2011

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!!  Cool this morning but it is going to be a great day.

I get to work on the deck again today because it is nice!  I usually get up around 6AM and it is dark so I play with Sparky for awhile and do some reading then I get to work on the deck.  I finished the deck part and started on the steps.  I put new wood on the stairs and then put up the hand rails. I wasn’t sure if I had enough of the spindles but will put them on until I run out.  WOW, I had enough, in fact I have about twelve left over!  Of course I got new screws for them and I wasn’t sure I would have enough screws but I still have about a half box left over!  I’m not sure but I think I have paid probably $90 for screws!  I have enough left over to make my pump house! I got a couple pictures of the deck now that it is finished, well, not quite finished, I ran out of screws and had to go to Wal Mart to get more and when I got home the battery in my cordless drill went dead and the other was dead too!   What a bummer, I have about twenty or thirty minutes work left.  Oh well, guess I will have to finish tomorrow…

112_3131-1

112_3133

Definitely not a professional job but it hasn’t fallen down yet so I guess it is OK!  I know Bud likes it!

112_3134

He makes himself comfortable!

It was dark, well, it got dark before the battery was charged so I decided to wait until tomorrow to finish putting in the last 50 screws.

Well, tonight I’m tired and my shoulders are sore so Tylenol again and hopefully I won’t be to sore tomorrow!

A  little TV tonight and relax.  Night Y’all…

2 comments:

  1. Joel!! Deck looks great!! You did a really good job.

    And who is Bud? Haven't seen him before. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops. I'm on Don's blog, so this comment is showing up from Don, but it's really me, LaVon. :-)

    ReplyDelete