Friday, April 29, 2011

Thursday April 28th 2011

Guess what???  The sun is shining!!!

100_2591

The water is still rising and a couple of levees have broken and a lot more have breeched so the flood is getting worse, the Mississippi River and the Ohio Rivers are over flood stage and still rising.  If I’m not mistaken the Mississippi is going to crest at over twenty feet over flood stage.  The Corp of Engineers are contemplating blowing up some of the canals and that would flood about 130,000 acres of land!   HMMM!  I think I would think that over but they say the alternative, if it happens to break on it’s own, is to flood a couple hundred thousand acres.  Oh well, God is in control.

Work today went well, I mowed most of the day and only had a couple of mishaps, lost one of the deck wheels and it got pretty well chewed up. Then I couldn’t find the bushing for about an hour.  Found it about ten feet away from where the wheel was.  Then the bolts for the back wheels are shorter than the ones for the front wheels so I had to go buy a couple more then it went pretty good until I got to the push mower.  By the time I got done with that my knees were pretty sore.  I’ll take some Advil when I get home.

Getting home was a little different, I knew they had closed the road I usually take but didn’t realize they close it all the way back to I-55!  I made it home about 6;30 PM.  Linda fixed some salmon for supper.  That was really good.  We don’t have salmon except for the patties and this sure tastes a lot different!   I really like it, will have to get more of that.

Morehouse MO has been evacuated and now Canalou MO has been giving the order to evacuate and that is where Jim and June live.  He called later that night to let us know where they were.  They went to Sikeston to June’s sister’s home.  They will stay until he figures it is safe to head back home.  I turned the camper around and hooked up the tow dolly just in case.  You just don’t know and it is good to be prepared.

Linda is going to stay up tonight to watch the “Royal Wedding” and I am going to go to bed…..Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment