Friday, April 15, 2011

Thursday April 14th 2011

Well, I mowed the lawn last night and it sure looks a lot better, doesn’t look good because I have a lot of spots that don’t have grass, not many weeds in those spots either

I go in to work at 9AM again this morning and the time sure does go fast.  I didn’t have time to do my computer stuff so I am taking the computer to work with me.  I can usually do most of the things I need to do during the lunch break.  We are really busy today, the groups are coming in for the Azalea Festival in Charleston.  I am doing some odd jobs that need to be done to make the place look it’s best.  Blew off the rocks in the driveway, put our reservation cones and got gas down the road.  $144 for eight cans of gas!!  Need it though, we mow almost everyday. The golf carts are gas also.

After getting the small things done I went to mowing with the Kubota lawn tractor…

100_2551

I just can’t hardly believe this mower.  He bought it about seven years ago and it has mowed many many acres of grass (with sticks and stones mixed in).  The engine runs really smooth and the deck has held up really great.  I think he had to replace the pulleys and a few other things but nothing really for all the wear and tear it gets from reckless guys like me!

Had a good afternoon, some mowing and helping Bits parking RVs.

When I got home I was going to fertilize the yard.  Got the mower out and the spreader and I was ready to spread fertilizer!!  Well, it didn’t go well, both tires were flat on the spreader and the spreader wheel wouldn’t turn.  What a bummer.  I oiled it a few times, put air in the tires, oiled it some more and finally got it to work backwards and after awhile it started to work going forwards.   I finally got the yard fertilized which only took about ten minutes, maybe a little more but was really fast.  Supposed to rain tonight so I think this was a good time to do it.

Well, Linda fixed fish for supper with potatoes and a few veggies….very good.  Played with Sparky until I guess I wore him out…

100_2549

He sure gets hyper but when he is tired he goes to sleep…Nice doggie!!

Well time to go to bed I guess….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment