Friday, April 22, 2011

Thursday April 21st 2011

It is kind of chilly this morning and cloudy but not raining so that means I will be mowing grass today.  I like that!  I don’t mind mowing.  Not real good if it is real hot and windy but that isn’t today.

I got to work at nine and got the blade sharpened on the push mower because I know that I will have to use it today.  The last time it really didn’t do a good job at all, kind of laid the grass over and now it is about a foot tall. I walked across the street to Ag-Mart and picked up some bolts for the mower deck, one of the wheels fell off and I fixed that.  My first job was with the push mower.  There are some places that are hard to get to and the push mower works the best.  It is set at the highest setting and it doesn’t do a very good job but that’s how the boss wants it.  When I started mowing his parents site, Mary Lou stopped me and asked me to set it down a little so it would look like I mowed it.  I said OK and wow, what a difference.  It looked great, probably with the sharp blade and a little closer to the ground, it did an excellent job, well, looked better anyway.  Another notch lower would probably make it look better.

The rest of the day I used the rider until Grant got out of school and he finished the rest of the mobile home park.  There wasn’t a lot left for him to do.

When I got home I got the mower started and mowed our lawn and the neighbors lawn.  It was almost dark when I finished.  Sure glad I got it done. It is growing fast enough that it should be mowed twice a week.  I may have to do that but we get so much rain it is hard to do.  I would like to have waited until tomorrow to mow but it is supposed to rain and that would really have been a mess.

Linda fixed fajitas for supper, excellent.  We had a couple of chicken breasts left over from supper last night and she used them.  I ate three and we still have leftovers for tomorrow!!  COOL!

We watch HGTV tonight.  House hunters.  I like that show for some reason but I sure had a hard time staying awake.  Time for bed…Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment