Sunday, April 24, 2011

Saturday April 23rd 2011

Today is Saturday and Mark is going to come and till up a garden for us. It is pretty wet but guess that will be OK, our soil is pretty sandy.  I marked off a spot that was about 24x48 feet.  I have plans for this after the garden. Guess what??  Mark came and roto tilled the garden and I didn’t take a picture!!   I can’t believe it, I had the camera with me and everything!!  Well, I got a picture of the tractor after he was done…

100_2573

That tractor made it look easy.  I probably would have worked a week or more using my roto tiller!  Then I got a picture of the garden, actually later in the day…

100_2577

We got some rain!!!  Kind of glad I didn’t have anything to plant.  I will have to get plants and seeds Monday, maybe.

At work today it was really slow.  Mark and Kim kind of did something that really surprised me…..

100_2576

Baby chicks!!   Kim said Mark has always wanted chickens so they bought fifteen chicks.  I had seen them at the store and was tempted but not enough to buy any…

100_2574

There are about four or five different kinds in there.  They sure are cute when they are small.  They sure are messy!

Well, it really stormed this afternoon.  The wind blew like crazy and I bet we got over an inch of rain in a short period of time.  There went my nice roto tilled garden!  I will have to use my little tiller to loosen it up again but that is a lot easier than trying to till up sod!

Linda fixed a ham tonight and we had that with potato salad and apple sauce.   Excellent.  We bought a shank or something like that.  I think they have more taste than most other hams!

Well, we are listening to the thunder and watching the TV go out, Linda missed her movie so she stayed up later, it was on again and got to see the last of it.  Not me I was way to tired  Time for some sleep.   Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. We are getting hammered with rain here in Tulsa, also! Got hail Saturday night. We have thankfully not had the wind.
    Are they going to raise the chickens for free range eggs?
    Your garden spot looks great!

    ReplyDelete