Sunday, January 2, 2011

Saturday January 1st 2011

First day of the new year 2011!  I will have to get used to the new year, will probably make a lot of mistakes before getting used to it.

It was very cool this morning.  Not sure what the temp got to last night but was sure cooler than usual.  The cool front made it here some time during the night.  I figured as cool as it was outside I may as well make some jalapeno bread!  Good day for it.  I got it all mixed up and I checked the meter reading just to see how much electricity our convection oven used. I baked three loaves of bread and a pan of brownies.  It used less than two kilowatts of power.  I am happy.  I figure at seventeen cents a kilowatt hour it cost about thirty two cents to do all that baking…

100_2094

I am getting so used to the convection oven that it is hard to use a regular oven because they bake so different.

We took a loaf of jalapeno bread over to Don and LaVons.  Don fixed a ham and black eye peas for dinner.  Excellent.  He also made a vegetable salad and pickled beets.  Linda took the brownies.  Had an excellent dinner and a couple of hilarious games of zilch.  We wanted to get home before dark so we left about 4:30PM but it was dark when we got home.  We had to stop at the $100 store.  I am still trying to figure out the roads here and which ones to take to make it the shortest distance. I may learn but I will probably forget.

When we got home (we left Sparky home), Sparky was hyper. He was hyper all night.  I have a pair of old tennis shoes that he really likes to play with.  I think I posted a picture of that yesterday.  Anyway, he wanted my shoe, he only plays with one, and he kept busy most of the night playing with my shoe, I had to clean up the mess, he did a pretty good job on it. We finally made it to bed about 10:30PM I guess, we were pretty tired. Tomorrow is another day…Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. It's soooo good to have y'all here! I still can't believe you're here.

    ReplyDelete