Monday, January 10, 2011

Sunday January 9th 2011

Sunday morning and it is cool outside but not real bad.  Supposed to warm up again today.

I decided to go down to Blue Bonnet for their Sunday Services.  He had a pretty good message, one that I had thought about many times… 2 Chronicles 7:14.  “if My people who are called by my name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” I’m sure there are a lot of people who would disagree with this for our country.  He made a statement that I agree with even though I’m sure there are a lot that would disagree.  Glenn Beck, on public TV, says we need to get back to God.  Doesn’t matter to me if he is a Mormon, he has a message we need to listen to. How many on public TV say something like that?  Billy Graham used to and Franklin Graham I guess doesn’t, not that he doesn’t believe it, I guess he is kind of shunned because of his past.  Anyway, I took a picture or two at Blue Bonnet…

100_2140

Inside the meeting hall….

100_2141

The man sitting on the stage on our left is Cletus.  He is the only person I remember from eleven years ago.  Back then I was amazed at how much he could remember.  I sang a song that I figured no one ever heard before, well, it wasn’t well know, but I couldn’t remember how the second verse went and he started singing it.  I was amazed.  He made an impression on me.  My brother Ed may remember him also.  We went to his place for a little singing.  Had a good time.

I was going to go to the Gospel Jam tonight at Blue Bonnet but I was a little late and I couldn’t find a parking place and the hall was packed, not even standing room, so I went back home.  I guess the Gospel Jams there are really good.  I remember eleven years ago they were good.

Not much going on tonight will probably take it easy and go to bed and wait for the cold weather to come.  I sat outside for awhile this afternoon and enjoyed the warm weather.  I think it got up to about 75 degrees.  Was nice sitting in the shade in a T shirt!!   Bye Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment