Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tuesday January 25th 2011

Can you believe that this is the 25th already?    We have been here almost four weeks now, it will be four weeks tomorrow (which is actually today). We have been enjoying the weather here even though it has gotten pretty cool at times.  That is OK, even if it is only in the 60s it gets warm enough in the afternoon that we have to open up the camper to cool it off.

We went to Pulga today.  That is a flea market just down the road from us. We took Dale and Velda with us.  Now Pulga is a flea market!  No they don’t actually sell fleas, they are free.  They have almost anything you would ever want.  I found some mauls and double edged axes but I still didn’t see any splitting wedges.  The mauls are pretty much the same price as the flea market back in Sikeston.  I did find a couple used ones that were quite a bit cheaper.  I didn’t get any because we aren’t going to leave for awhile.  I didn’t take any pictures at Pulga, wish I had!  Linda bought a lot of “stuff” and I bought some “stuff” too.  I bought a coffee server thermos for three dollars.  I cleaned it up and put hot water in it with bleach to clean it up.  I filled it with hot water to rinse it and thought I would leave it until morning just to see if it works…(it works).  Linda bought a bunch of vegetables.  I got some Pablano  Peppers and I’m not sure if that is how it is spelled.  Linda found a lot of good bargains and I would like to go back.  We spend about three hours there and still didn’t get to see it all.  Maybe next Tuesday we will go back again.

We decided to make something with the Pablano Peppers.  Chili Rellano  with some of the jalapeno peppers she got.  Only used one jalapeno pepper and glad we did. Those peppers are really warm!  We also made so Spanish Rice to go with it.  Turned out pretty good but there was something missing from the Chili Rellano stuff, not sure what, it was good though.

Not a lot on TV tonight so I thought it would be a good night to play some of the things I had recorded.  A lot of the programs we had already watched and I just had to delete them.  After all that work I was pretty tired so thought it was a good time to hit the hay…Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment