Friday, January 21, 2011

Thursday January 20th 2011

Cloudy today but it is warm. I had my sweatshirt on when I went out with Sparky and it was almost to warm but the wind was blowing so I was OK.

The neighbors have been here about three days.  I saw them when they came in but they really seemed busy then I didn’t see them again until this morning…they are leaving…

100_2191

This is Glenn and Iris Scott from Austin TX.  When he came out of the camper I asked if my car was in the way.  I hadn’t moved it since they arrived.  We don’t go much.  They are bird watchers so they are gone most of the day.  When I got a good look at him I told him that he looked familiar!  I asked him about the RV School in Bowling Green KY and he said he had been there and we actually went to school together!!   This was about eight years ago and he only took one or two courses, electricity and something else.  What a small world.  They were heading to Dona for a couple days and then back to Austin.  He said they had been around. They drove to Alaska, Nova Scotia and Belize!!  I had to ask about the travels and they were glad to tell about them.  Sounds like they had a good time in all their travels.

We took off this afternoon with Dale and Velda to go to Pulga Flea Market just down the road.  It was closed.  Not sure what days they are open except Tuesday.  We will try it again next Tuesday.  Went to Wal Mart instead.  Got a few things there before heading back home. 

The wind picked up this afternoon but it is still warm out.  There is another cold front heading this way.  I called Daniel in Sikeston and he said the roads had ice and snow covering them.  We thought about going to Illinois to see Linda’s sister Marilyn, she is going to have surgery but I think we will stay here in Mission for awhile.

We watched a couple of our favorite shows on TV tonight, they are getting kind of gory but the stories are good.

Time to turn it off and go to bed, the camper is really rocking in the wind tonight!!  Getting colder out to.  Got plenty of propane so we should be set. Night Y”all…

No comments:

Post a Comment