Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wednesday January 12th 2011

What is it they say, a picture is worth a thousand words???

100_2150

It is COLD!!!!

The wind is blowing out of the North West and it is damp and about 42 degrees.  This is the kind of weather I don’t like.  I guess it could be worse. Could be back in Sikeston where the weather is about like this only about 30 degrees cooler, not fun!  Oh, the cushion (back) that is not straight is the one that I hope to fix today along with the one I’m sitting on and the ones on the other side.  To make a long story short, they didn’t come today.  What a bummer!  I figured this would happen, the address changed here and the UPS person couldn’t find it.  I would imagine that they didn’t look.  The address changed from 3900, the one I used, to 3000.  We used an old camping book and the manager said the address has changed three times.  The UPS person did call tonight and I told them I would come and pick it up at the center, or store or whatever it is, they told me how to get there.  I plugged in the GPS and the first address was over 50 miles and I thought I had made a mistake, they I put in another city and street and it is about eight miles, I can handle that.

Don and LaVon asked us over for chili, and I thought that was an excellent idea.  We were going to fix it but we didn’t have the fixins!  I thought that I would whip up a couple loaves of bread and take one over.  I didn’t take any pictures of the bread but it turned out pretty good.  Linda really liked it. I tried something different (as usual).  We have the olive spread that we bought in MS and I used that plus some jalapeno spread plus some parmesan cheese and onions etc.  We are really anxious to try it toasted!  Back to the chili, well, it was excellent, had chili dogs first then a bowl of chili. Then to top it off a piece of cheese cake (or two).  Actually the cheese cake came later, not on top of the chili dog… We played three games of Zilch before heading out into the cold weather back home.  We left Sparky in the car.  He wasn’t a happy camper on the way home, I think he may have wanted to use the fire hydrant, not sure but I think that may have been part of the reason he wasn’t happy.

When we got back is when I found out the foam hadn’t been delivered.  I got online and looked at the tracking and it said it was undeliverable.  What a bummer.  I was trying to get ahold of the sender when UPS called and I was really glad that they had our phone number.

Had an excellent day, was glad I had the camper filled with propane, the furnace has been working quit a bit lately.

We watched some TV tonight, mostly HGTV.  I really like seeing people try to figure out which house they like.  I like seeing the houses too.  Wonder where they get all the money.  Last night a surfer girl, single, bought a house in Nicaragua for about seven hundred thousand dollars. I’m not sure I have made that much money in all my life!!!

Well, time to call it a night, Linda is playing computer games.  She finally made it to bed at 4AM.  She will probably sleep until noon, unless I take Sparky in to wake her upSmile now that is a good idea, maybe about seven in the morning, am I mean or what???  Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. The bread is really good. I toasted two pieces last night in the convection oven with 3-alarm cheese melting on top. Yummmm..eeeee. I'll take a picture of what's left of the loaf and post it on the blog.

    ReplyDelete