Sunday, January 23, 2011

Saturday January 22nd 2011

Today is the day of the big sale here in the park.  I took Sparky for a walk this morning about 7AM and the traffic was terrible.  I forgot about the sale and even if I had remembered it was really early for it to be starting.

We didn’t join in in the sale, I went to the club house to check see what they had and then take a couple of pictures…

100_2200

They had lots of “stuff” for sale.  Linda looked around and bought a few things.  Guess we needed some more “stuff”.

I made some jalapeno bread this morning, different of course.  I’m not sure if it was cold or what but the bread really didn’t “rise” very much.  I baked the bread and we tried a piece and it tasted pretty good.  We took a loaf over to Don and LaVon and there found out that it didn’t finish baking.  The center had a real soft spot but the outside was nice and brown.  I’m not sure what our loaf looks like on the inside, haven’t gotten that far yet.

We had a good time at Don and LaVon’s, Don fixed smothered hamburger steak and LaVon made mashed potatoes.  Don also made a great salad. We played three games of zilch and had a good afternoon.  We wanted to get home before it started getting dark and we had left Sparky at home so I’m sure he needed to go out.

Sparky and I walked the park at least twice trying to get him worn down.  He played in the camper for about an hour then decided it was time to take a nap.  FINALLY!!! 

Our neighbor Velda, is feeling better, we saw her when we got home. She isn’t tip top shape yet but feels much better.  A few more days and a few more prayers she will be as good as new.

That is about all for today, we aren’t doing much tonight just going to take it easy and get ready for tomorrow.  Not much going on tomorrow either but nice to be readySmile

Take care and enjoy the winter Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment