Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wednesday January 26th 2011

The weather is pretty cool this morning but I think it will warm up and be kind of nice.  Not supposed to get real warm though.

We are supposed to go to a place called “Ropa”  today with the neighbors. We still don’t know where it is but there are a lot of people here that have been there.  We figured this would be another experience that we really don’t want to miss.

When we finally got on the road it was probably about 1PM and we went to another campground to deliver a vehicle to Mary’s brother and pick up a couple of people.  On the way to Ropa, we got separated from the leader, Joe, and we happened to see the place and we pulled in and waited, or looked around, for the others.  They finally called and asked where we were and of course we were where we were supposed to be so we told them and they finally made it.  Ropa is clothes in Spanish and there are a lot of them on this road. This is the road going to Reynosa, MX and it isn’t far from the boarder.  These warehouses are really unique, got a couple pictures…

100_2208

100_2213

100_2215

Wonder where all the clothes come from.  They move the clothes around with a fork lift tractor!  I thought I would look for a hooded sweat shirt,  mine is getting kind of old.  I actually bought four of them and Linda found some jeans, a sweater and some other stuff.  Cost us about $7.  The sweat shirts are in pretty good condition.  They needed to be washed before bringing them inside though.  I thought that if they weren’t very good I could always use them for bedding for Sparky.  I won’t have to buy another sweatshirt for quite some time now.

We climbed over the clothes for about an hour maybe two then headed home.  There are people that make a living going through this stuff.  It cost thirty cents a pound and then they take it to a flea market and sell it cheap there but they still can make a good living doing this.

Taking it easy tonight.  Velda brought over a couple of pictures of Linda and I climbing around on the pile of clothes.  Linda fell down (softly) and couldn’t get up so I helped her.  It isn’t easy walking around on these clothes.  We watched some TV and I really get tired at night for some reason and have a hard time staying awake watching TV so I think I will call it a night and go to bed….Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment