Friday, December 31, 2010

Friday December 31st 2010

Last day of the year!  I think I have it right this time. 

We don’t have a lot planned for today, well, maybe we do.  We are going to go to Don and LaVon’s to play some zilch.  I went to the “coffee” this morning at the club house.  Had a good time.  There wasn’t a plan or anything so we just had coffee and a donut.  I signed up for the coffee and found out that it was for hosting the “coffee” on Jan 14th!!  Guess I should put my glasses on and read before doing something like this.  Oh well, should be fun.

We made it to Don and LaVon’s about 2PM and we took Sparky.  He likes to go and when we played cards we kept Sparky in his cage and he went to sleep even during all the laughing etc…

The pot luck tonight starts at 5PM so when we got back  to the camper I made a quick attempt at a dish to take.  I just cut up some smoked sausage (and 2 hot dogs) then put in some onion and green pepper.  Guess it was OK, it was gone when we left. I thought about putting a jalapeno pepper in it then decided against that.  Had a good time, lots of visiting.  The people here are really nice, very friendly and helpful.

After we got back home we sat outside for awhile because it was pretty WARM inside!!!  Love it!!  It was beautiful outside with a little breeze.  Sparky was hyper and he really liked biting my shoes and pants. We finally went in and I took off my shoes and Sparky loved it…

100_2088

He had a lot of fun, not sure if it was a novelty or maybe the smell was intoxicating!!

Here is a nice picture of the Texas sunset on New Year’s Eve!!

100_2084

Fireworks!!  Lot of fireworks tonight!!  Going to be a noisy night and there is a house at the entrance to the park that is having a party tonight and the music can be heard for about a mile!!  OK that is alright, hopefully it will only be for one night.

We aren’t going to stay up for the festivities.  Will go to bed pretty early. Sparky is already asleep and he really doesn’t like the fireworks, hope he sleeps tonight….Night Y’all….

1 comment: