Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tuesday November 30th 2010

Got up this morning about 6AM and went outside with Sparky and guess what???   It’s hot and humid!!  We have had little showers most of the night so the storm, or cold front hasn’t made it yet.  About a half hour later we went back out and it was here, the temp has dropped about ten degrees and the wind shifted out of the North, good thing Sparky is doing his jobs now because it may take awhile for the storm to pass.

The wind started blowing and the rain came and the temperature dropped.  Not bad, at least it didn’t get real cold.  The rain and wind lasted about an hour and it was almost finished!!  It kept on raining for awhile but the wind pretty much quit so we decided to go to the store.

We went to Home Depot first and I wanted to buy some boards to make a step for the camper.  Got two 2x4s and one 1x6.  I didn’t figure right on the 1x6 and came up one board short but it still works, I may find a 1x6 somewhere. 

We went to Wal Mart next and I picked up decking screws (variety of sizes) and it was a lot cheaper than Home Depot.  Linda picked up a lot of stuff for Sparky, the best thing was some waterless foaming shampoo.  Works great and he smells pretty good, I don’t really like the doggy smell.

Connie called and asked us over for soup and sandwich tonight.  I took a loaf of bread along, Thought we better bring something.  On the way over we stopped to see Aunt Virgie and Connie came with a telephone cord that I replaced for her (Aunt Virgie) and now she has a phone again. We had the girl on duty take a picture of us…

100_1799

Aunt Virgie looks pretty good for ninety doesn’t she?  Connie said there were some very interesting mushrooms out in the yard so I took a couple pictures before we left….

100_1801

100_1802

Sparky isn’t eating them, just smelling them.  They were pretty good sized and really pink!

We went on over to Rick and Connie’s and Rick had his stitches removed from his knee and didn’t have to wear the white hose anymore, that just drove him up a wall.  Connie made (homemade) vegetable beef soup and it was great!  She also made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!  Never thought of that with soup myself but pb&j is my favorite sandwich!  Had a great supper..

We played three games of zilch and the score keeper won the first two and Rick won the third.  Of course I was keeping score, only way I can win!! Not really  I wouldn’t do anything like fix the scoreSmile

We had a great night and left to come home about 9:30PM I think.  I knew that I would have to play with Sparky for at least an hour before bedSad smile  I’m tired and Sparky isn’t!!  He was really good over at Rick and Connie’s. He stayed in his cage all night with very little whimpering.  Good doggie!

We finally are ready for bed and it is 11:30PM, really late for me…Night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of you, Linda, Aunt Virgie and Sparky.

    Mushrooms just fascinate me. These are very pretty color.

    ReplyDelete