Thursday, December 23, 2010

Wednesday December 22nd 2010

Nice and warm out this morning, cloudy but nice.  The sun breaks through once in awhile and that is nice.  Not much going on today.  We are going over to Steve and Pam’s tonight and play some Mexican Train.

I decided a little later on today that I would try the Holiday Bread again. It is a little warm to bake but what the heck!!  After the last batch I thought that if I rolled the fruit into the dough it might make it a little better.  Linda mixed up the fruit, a lot less than last time and I rolled it into the dough and guess what….

100_2012

It worked, no big open spaces in the loaves!!  I had enough that I had to use a square pan for the last loaf which I cut in half so it would fit into the pan.   What you see in the picture is what we took over to the home where Virgie is.  Sure hope they like it.  We had to try it and it was pretty good, not nearly as sweet as the last batch.

We went to the store to pick up a couple things and forgot a couple things so we will have to go back tomorrow.  I like Wal Mart so I guess it is OK.

Went to Steve and Pam’s about 6:30PM and went through town thinking maybe there was a gas station that was less than $2.80 a gallon.  No such luck. Guess I will have to pay the price.  We had a great time playing Mexican Train and had a little snack of chips and veggies that really hit the spot.  That’s what we went to the store for…veggies!  Got some green onions that were really powerful!  Guess I should have taken a picture of the tray.  Linda did a good job on it.

We finished the game and headed home, way past my bed time!  Finally got to bed about midnight, been a long time since I’ve been up that late. Night Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. I thought I smelled bread baking!!

    Ohhh, can't wait to play Mexican Train with y'all.

    And I'll give you my list and you can go to Wal-Mart for me. I hate going to Wal-Mart!

    ReplyDelete