Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday December 11th 2010

This is Saturday and I didn’t unhook the water last night I don’t think??? I think it stayed warm last night, don’t think it was to bad out this morning.  I remember I got up!!  It was 6:15AM and Sparky heard me and it was time for him to get up too.  He is really doing good but then he sleeps in his cage and I really like it that way.

I got Linda up, well, actually she got up on her own at 7:30AM  I was surprised!!  We need to get ready and head over to Rick and Connie’s.  We are going to Biloxi or some where in that vicinity.  After we got to Rick and Connie’s we found out that Steve is having trouble with his car so we went and picked them up.  We took Sparky over to Rick and Connie’s and they took him to Biloxi and we picked up Steve, Pam and Anna Grace. We had a  good trip down there and really didn’t get lost.  We didn’t get to see a parade either.  We thought about stopping at Menge Flea Market for a couple of things but decided we didn’t have time.

We went to a BBQ place for lunch.  It was called “The Shed”  Guess it had been on different shows…

100_1888

100_1890

One thing about this place is we didn’t have to dress up to go there. The food was good (not like home cooked).  I guess it wasn’t real expensive either.

100_1912

I had a hard time finding the entrance!  Good thing there were other people going in, we just followed.  The accessories for the place was something else!!  The owner was a dumpster diver and he collected junk.  The place looks like it was made from used “stuff”.  The place where we ate was adorned with forks stuck in the wall with things from paper towels to dollar bills stuck to the wall.  The wall was foil covered pieces of insulation that forks would stick into very well.  Steve put a couple of things up, Linda and I didn’t even though I think Lind would have.

We walked around the place and I took a few pictures….

100_1894

100_1896

Above is a couple of ducks preening and doing their jobs on the tables.

100_1899

The guy in the kayak had paddled 9.5 miles getting ready for a big meet.

100_1911

This must be the wood pile for the smoker.  Kids loved climbing all over it.

100_1904

Steve liked the Jeep in the background.  I think he would liked to have had it.  We are about ready to take off back to Destiny’s place.  We went to a thrift store to look around.  I saw a recliner I would liked to have had but no way to carry it and I would like to have a new one.

We finally got on the road about 3:45PM and I wanted to stop and get gas at Wal Mart’s Murphy Oil but this was Murphy Express and they didn’t take the Wal Mart card so I had to pay full price which is the cheapest we have seen. $2.72 per gallon.  Getting back to Steve and Pam’s takes over an hour and we decided to take Sparky with us.  This will  be a first.  He usually rides in his cage and we didn’t have room for him so Linda got to hold him.  He was really pretty good as long as no one looked at him. 

Tonight we will take it easy, it’s supposed to rain, storm, blow, and get cold.  Not looking forward to tomorrow but by Wednesday it’s supposed to be in the middle seventies.  I can handle that but the 50 degree temps are really hard…

Taking it easy tonight and I am going to post this tonight instead of tomorrow.  Have different things to do tomorrow so guess I will say good night Y’all….

1 comment:

  1. The Shed looks like a very "interesting" eating establishment, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete