Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Monday December 20th 2010

Going to be a beautiful day today, sunny and a little warmer, I hope.  We have no plans for today, will probably vegetate!  Sparky and I spend a lot of time outside, it is a little cool this morning and the wind makes it a little worse but we manage.

I bought some lentils and thought that I would try them.  I don’t remember ever making lentils before.  Linda bought some ham hocks so I thought that they may be good together.  The directions for the lentils was very simple, clean them and cook for about 20 minutes.  I got the water hot with the ham hock and some onions and then inserted the lentils. Cooked them in the microwave on half power for about 20 minutes.  I tasted them and guess what, they weren’t done!!  I have had lentils before and they aren’t supposed to be crunchy.  I mixed up some corn bread and while that was cooking (baking) I put the lentils on the stove and cooked them for another 20 minutes.  They still weren’t done but we ate them anyway.  They were getting softer.  I bet the will be soft tomorrow!!!

100_2006

Doesn’t that look terrible?  After the first bowl, when they got a little softer, they tasted pretty good.  We will have a lot of left overs for tomorrow!  I don’t think Linda will eat any more but I will.  I think we should have taken some “Beano”!  Linda got kind of cramped up so I’m pretty sure she won’t eat any more.  So much for lentils… Linda really liked the cornbread!

It got warm enough out this afternoon I could sit out in the chair.  When the sun was shining it was hot when there was a cloud it got a little chilly. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70s.  Sure would be nice as long as it doesn’t rain!

Nothing more to say, it was a really quiet day. Tomorrow Sparky gets his shot again with a “BIG, DULL needle” which he has taken quite well except for the last one which didn’t go well, hope tomorrow’s will be better.  Lets sleep on it….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment