Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Tuesday December 7th 2010

If my calculations are right this is the sixty ninth anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. A tragic war, but then aren’t they all?? I guess to me it is a few people wanting a lot of  “power”.  I “salute” all the people that have served and have given their lives for our “freedom”.  There will be war though until Jesus comes back so people will lose their lives fighting for what they believe is right or maybe just following the orders of the people who think they need the “power”.

Very cold this morning.  Glad I disconnected the water.  The bib almost froze and it took a little bit for it to thaw out.  At least it wasn’t solid.  It took a little bit to get the water in the hose to thaw out also but no big deal. I will probably unhook the water again tonight.

At the flea market Linda bought some honey, and I just took a picture of it. They say that local honey is the best, better than that from China…

100_1853

We haven’t tried it yet.  It was from Bay St Louis MS. Should be good stuff. Linda got it before I did.  I was going to but wanted to wait so I didn’t have to carry it all over the flea market.  Linda doesn’t wait.  I think I made at least four trips out to the car with bags of “stuff”.

We went to Wal Mart again today.  I wanted to pick up the Velcro for our seat cushions.  Linda picked up a bunch of stuff for Sparky. One thing was a new harness.  With a lot of figuring we figured out how to get it on.  Guess what?  We couldn’t get the old one off!!  We couldn’t get it over his head (fat head)Open-mouthed smile.  We had to cut it off and we haven’t even had him for a month so he must be growing a lot!  His head anyway!  He doesn’t like it but after about an hour he forgot about it.

I didn’t get the Velcro on.  Will probably do it tomorrow.  I’m not sure how I’m going to do it.  Should I sew it on the cushion?  Should I just try the sticky side and see what happens?  I’ll let you know tomorrow if I don’t forget!

On the way home we stopped at Kelly’s Sandwich shop and got a sandwich.  It is called a Muffeletta. Now I’m not sure that is how you spell it but it is close I think.  Here is a picture of part of it…

100_1874

This is a picture of one fourth of it!  It is a very big sandwich with a pretty steep price.  Cost $13 but was very good.  Won’t get them very often.  It has stacks of cold meat, provolone cheese and an olive spread which makes the sandwich.  I think we bought some of the olive spread I can’t remember but we may try our own just to see if we can do it!!  May save a little money.

We washed a couple of loads of clothes this afternoon, had to wash a dozen T-shirts that Linda bought at the flea market.

Not much else going on today.  We watched TV tonight, not much on so we watched “House Hunters”.  That is a pretty good show.  Get to see people try to pick out a house they want to buy.  Sometimes we guess the right house but other times we wonder why they picked the “wrong” house. Oh well, guess it is their money (or the banks) so they can buy whatever they want.

Time to go to bed now and hopefully it won’t get to cold.  I disconnected the water so it won’t freeze….Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment