Thursday, December 30, 2010

Tuesday December 28th 2010

We had a good night here at the Gulf Coast RV Park.  I took a couple pictures as we were leaving..

100_2051

100_2052

Like I said this park is a five star resort!!  Very nice, very clean….Now to the other side of the track where we stopped tonight…

100_2054

100_2056

100_2062

I am not particularly fond of this campground.  In fact I think this is the worst campground we have ever stayed in and would not recommend it to anyone or come back again.  The lots are not level but the cable works good and the park last night we couldn’t get it to work at all.  The bottom picture is the laundry and shower, it is open to the public.  I think they make a lot of money there. Seems to be popular.

We had a pretty good trip today except for the wind. Wow it was blowing hard out of the south and we were heading south west and we were all over the road.  Glad I wasn’t pulling a trailer, I think that would have been worse. Our Tom Tom was a pain today.  I’m not sure where it wanted us to go but I knew that I wanted to go South on Rt 59 and then to Rt 77.  Changed my mind later when I found out it would be a little closer to go over to Rt 281. This is how we ended up here in the “ghetto” and I don’t mean black or brown just a low life campground.  When I walked Sparky around I met a couple from Poplar Bluff MO.  Very interesting.  They stopped me because they saw our license plate.  Even in Illinois they knew Sterling, Rock Falls and Dixon!! 

Well, so much for our adventures, we, or I was getting hungry and Linda said we had some left over stuff so that will be our supper.  Well, it was my supper.  I also fixed some instant mashed potatoes and they weren’t the greatest.  They are in the trash but I had enough to eat.  Guess I could have gone without and probably wouldn’t have starved.

Going to watch some TV tonight and go to bed.  Night Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment