Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wednesday June 30th 2010

Well today is turning out to be very nice, it is sunny and cool.  I turned off the air conditioner and opened up the camper.  We are supposed to have a string of really nice days then rain but not hot.  Guess we can use the rain. Talked to my neighbor Daniel and he said they really need the rain in Sikeston.  Up in Illinois they could use a little reprieve.  They are getting a lot of rain up there.

Today is supposed to be a good day at work.  I went over to the Lodge office and talked to Maggie and there are only 4 rooms to clean, 2 here and 2 motel rooms.  We aren’t sure who all will be working because there are 5 of us scheduled during the day and Johnny Mac comes in at 2:30. Nick and Sherry will share the load because they are in housekeeping.  I’m going to let them work on there own.  Now I am not their boss, I just suggest things and if it wouldn’t, or doesn’t suit them we can sure adjust.  They are very flexible and very good workers so I don’t have to be checking on them. After finishing all the rooms at the Lodge, they did laundry and I walked over and did the “refreshes” at the motel. Then we went to lunch.

After lunch Roger said we should check all the cabins for supplies and I would show them what had to be done in the cabins after a “checkout”. That went very well.  We went to the motel then and cleaned the 2 rooms over there. Roger took Nick to do another job with the leaf blower and I took Sherry and Bree over to the Lodge to do laundry and I went back and finished the laundry at the motel.  Now I know this won’t sound exciting to anyone else but I had a good day today, could be because tomorrow is my day off!!!

I went to church tonight at Kimberling City FBC.  I may as well have stayed home.  He has a bible study on James.  I was really tired and Praise the Lord I didn’t snore or fall off the seat!! (I don’t think I did anyway).

This is just one of those nights I can’t hardly stay awake. We watched a little TV but I didn’t want to go to bed to early, I wake up when it starts getting light and going to bed early may make it earlier yet..  Got to go to bed….Nite Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment