Friday, July 16, 2010

Thursday July 15th 2010

Well (deep subject) I think that it will be another hot one today. It is decent outside this morning and when I finished with my reading and computing I went outside to see if I could help Ron and Barbara get their camper out of the parking spot, which is pretty tight. To late…he was out, hooked up and ready to go.

100_0811

100_0810

100_0813

They have a lot of “stuff” They had it all packed and ready to go though before I got out there. He drives the truck and she drives the SUV pulling the trailer with a motorcycle.  They have 2 motorcycles.  I guess they rode one while they were here, I didn’t see it though.  They are headed for Cherokee NC for another job, hopefully a full time job.

100_0814

Had to get a picture of Linda’s first day back at work!  She cleans the nooks and crannies I just don’t have patience for.  This is a cabin, called the “cozy cabin”. One bedroom and a futon. It is small but actually I think it would be very comfortable. Not hard to clean but still takes us quite awhile to clean it.  We aren’t very fast. Nick and Sherry did the Lodge and the cabins. They are fast and efficient.  We cleaned the House and did a bunch of laundry, cleaned some motel rooms and really, had a pretty nice day.  Maybe the rush has passed and we will be able to keep up with the flow.

We went to a show tonight called the “Haygoods”. Before we left we were going to go to IHOP and eat but they wanted everyone to meet at the office at 7PM.  Well, we decided to eat at the “Whistle Stop Cafe” here at the main park.  Had a pretty good meal, Linda had BBQ and I had chicken fried steak.  We got to eat with Don and Lil, the cooks.  Hope that was her name.  They are from Willow Brook, IL I think, somewhere around Chicago. They know where Dixon is anyway.  Back to the show, the show consisted of six brothers and a sister and the youngest was seventeen and the oldest I think was thirty three. They had been performing since 1993.  They were talented!  All played musical instruments and sang. They also danced. This was an excellent show.  After the show they had drawings for prizes and Nick and Sherry won $50!!  YES!!  That was nice, there was a pretty large crowd of people there so even one from Compton Ridge winning anything was really good.

Here are a couple pictures I took during the show.  I was surprised some turned out quite well for low light and me holding the camera. I like my little camera!!

100_0817

100_0820

I was surprised that this one turned out at all, they were definitely not standing still (above).

100_0824

The above picture was almost at the end of the show, why do I think that?? It was the last picture I took:-)  This was definitely a show to see.  There are so many shows here in Branson it would take most of the summer to see them all. One of the couples that went with us said that last year they went to 60 shows. I don’t think I am that energetic. They were telling us which ones are really good and the ones that you should leave until last. Good information.

Well we got back to the camper about 10:30PM and it is way past my bed time.  I wasn’t real tired but I know that we have another day of work. We were going to go home this weekend but our friend, Jim mowed our lawn so we decided to wait another week, that will give us about 5 more weeks before we take the camper home. The summer is going great here, we lose a lot of work campers, two left yesterday and another couple left about 3 days ago.  Roger and Robert can’t figure out why it is so hard to keep workers! Anyway, going to bed and get some sleep…Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment