Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wednesday July 7th 2010

Today looks like another rainy, warm, muggy day!  It is cloudy and very dark out but that is OK, the air conditioner doesn’t have to work quite as hard.  Linda was up real late last night, she had, well, like swallowed a bubble and it hurt.  She finally came to bed about 3:30AM.

I got all my stuff done and woke her before I left for work.  There wasn’t a lot to do today and I work with Wilber and Bernie.  I had to do a cabin first because it was a turn around then I saw Wilbur and Bernie at the office and we split up the work.  They took the Lodge and I took the main park. There wasn’t much to do at the main park, just a refresh and a cabin.  First time I cleaned that cabin.  It looks like a nice place but I think the people must have had a dog, lots of hair all over, especially in the shower.

I had two more cabins to clean at North Park and got them done with time to spare, not much, but a little.  I had to go back to the main park and leave some paper towels and the radio.

Johnny Mac and Ginny brought us some “Blackberry Cobbler”!!  She made it and I have to say it was delicious, Linda says the same thing.  I stopped after church to get some vanilla ice cream for topping.  Wal Mart must have sold out of a lot of things, they sure didn’t have much of a choice for vanilla ice cream and we don’t like sugar free ice cream.  I will have to ask what she put in with the berries, they were good but tasted like something else was added to give it a little extra flavor, maybe almond extract??

Today turned out to be a little easier and I didn’t have any problem staying awake tonight!  We watched some TV, shows that were reruns that we hadn’t seen. Will try to get a good nights sleep tonight.

Tomorrow I get to work with Nick and Sherry.  They are easy to work with and they know what to do and they come up with other innovative ideas. They are kind of like a breath of fresh air.  I don’t have many ideas, I just try to get things done to a point where I wouldn’t mind staying in that room.  Anyway, as you may have noticed, no pictures.  I read LaVon’s blog and it had many different uses for cucumbers.  Very interesting.  I think I will start buying more cucumbers.  Y’all have a good night, Bye….

1 comment:

  1. When we went to SC, I got more fresh cucumbers. They are so good. And I will be getting more cucumbers from the salad bar when we eat out!

    ReplyDelete