Friday, July 9, 2010

Thursday July 8th 2010

Here is another cloudy day. I think it is supposed to rain and be muggy again, and it has a real good start.  I walked down to the Lodge Office after 8AM and asked Barbara what was in store for the cleaning crew.  Not a bad day, Nick and Sherry would be working and we have a few rooms and a cabin.  Won’t be a bad day at all.

When Nick and Sherry came in I talked to them and we decided that this afternoon we would do the cabin together so I could explain what I did to clean them.  I asked them if they had any ideas on cleaning the floors.  Yes they did!!  Cool!  That is the hardest part of the cabins so I am looking forward to seeing what their idea is.  The floors in the cabins are wood, parquet I think, not real nice floors, I think linoleum would look nicer and probably be less of a problem cleaning them.  Their idea was simple. Use a rag mop, big rag mop, dampened and then use pine sol for the cleaner. I will have to say that it took a little over 5 minutes to do the whole cabin floor, and it takes me almost 20 minutes except for the strip mop, which didn’t do a good job at all.  Glad they had a good idea. They also have a small vacuum cleaner that we can do the loft with because the loft ceiling is only about 3 feet tall, have to move around on our hands and knees. We finished the cabin in about a half hour where it takes me about an hour. The mop thing will shorten that up somewhat.

Had a really decent day today but nothing worthy of taking pictures of. We don’t plan on doing anything tonight, in fact I took a little nap before going to bed.  Linda fixed the leftover (my favorite meal) macaroni and cheese and put some tomatoes, chili beans and hamburger with it to make chili mac.  Very good!  Anyway, we are staying in and going to watch some TV then to bed……Night Y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment