Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Monday July 5th 2010

The day started out like any other day, got up, did my reading, did my computing, made coffee etc etc etc….

Things changed a little after I got to work.  We had about 4 turnarounds which isn’t to bad but I had the “house” and a motel room.  I went to the main park and started on the house which smelled like dog food.  Never did get the smell out but it took me almost two and a half hours to clean it.  I thought that was pretty good. Then I started on the motel. Got the first room done, the people were already in it, they moved from the Lodge over to the motel, then the room they moved out of became a turnaround. Not sure why things like this happen. One other couple moved to a different room because the air conditioner didn’t work.

Anyway, the first two rooms went pretty good, the third one though had had a pet in it.  That means everything has to be laundered. Bedspreads, blankets, linens and towels.  When I got them all together I couldn’t lift them.  I had to split them into two piles and take one at a time to the laundry. While doing this I wash two loads and dry them and try to keep everything running. Altogether I did four units and still didn’t get done on time. It doesn’t help though when you get called to show people where things are in the house because they weren’t shown in the first place.  Little things…..

Linda and I went back over after I had taken a shower to put the laundry into the dryer so it wouldn’t sit in the washer all night, don’t like doing that, may start smelling by morning.  I don’t care if it sits in the dryer after drying.

Linda got to talk to Daniel and Rachael over at the main office. They  were waiting for their check. The 5th and 20th are paydays.  I know the owner had a bad day with all that went wrong but when a person has to wait until “he” is ready to write their check, not real good for employees being happy campers.  “He” had to go eat first….

For the rest of the story, our satellite quit working.  We were sitting there watching TV and it just quit working.  No signal!  I worked with it for awhile then decided to hook it up to cable and not mess with the satellite anymore.  I will take the dish etc back home and just use it there.  I think there are to many trees and power lines here.  Never got a real good signal.

I sure hope everyone had a great day today and I sure hope tomorrow is better than today….Take care Y’all……

No comments:

Post a Comment