Sunday, July 18, 2010

Saturday July 17th 2010

HMMMM…wish I could start with something different but it is going to be another hot and muggy day.  When I went outside the camper was just dripping wet and it wasn’t raining!  It is humid!!

After my morning ritual, I  walked down to the office to see Maggie and see what was going on. This is my day off but I like to see what is going on anyway. We go to talking about the weekend and next weekend and it really looks like it is going to be busy.  I think next weekend every room is rented and Sunday there will be 21 checkouts, almost every room. After thinking about this and the schedule change, which wasn’t exactly what I expected, I talked to Linda and asked her if she thought Friday and Saturday would be good days to take off. Reason being, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday will be really hectic and Nick and Sherry will be working alone on Monday and Tuesday.  He doesn’t care but I do, if it were me looking at all that work with no help I think I would get a little stressed!  I talked to Roger and Heidi and asked if we could work Monday and Tuesday and try to get the work done before Nick and Sherry had their weekend. My thinking is that we all take different days off and we will never have to work alone!!  Amazing I would think of something like that huh?

Well, after that was all straightened out we had to go to the $100 store to get some groceries.  I got a new (cheap) watch and some new (cheap) tennis shoes and a small microwave oven that we can use outside.  Our air conditioner and microwave will not work at the same time in the camper..  Pops a breaker. By the time we finished it cost over $165!!!  Amazing how easy it is to spend money.

We didn’t do much the rest of the day. Set the time on my new watch, took awhile, then fixed spaghetti for supper. I like our spaghetti, it doesn’t have tomatoes in it or tomato sauce.  We use smoked sausage, onions and garlic, then olive oil to make it slide down better.  Sounds appetizing doesn’t it?  Later on I had to have some chips and guacamole. I get hungry at night for some reason.  I also had a hard time staying awake until after the weather then to bed…..Have a great night catch you tomorrow….

No comments:

Post a Comment