Friday, July 2, 2010

Thursday July 1st 2010

This is the first day of July and almost all day I thought it was June 31st. I even tried to change the date on the camera because I thought it was wrong.

This is going to be a beautiful day.  It is cool out and sunny.  It will get up into the mid 80s so we will have to turn on the air conditioner about noon.

I thought today would be a good day to bake some more bread etc…

100_0750

100_0753

They turned out pretty good!  Haven’t tried the bread and we gave away all the rolls on this pan.  I had to many to put on this pan so I made 3 more in a bread pan.

100_0751

This was another test.  I’m sure that there is a way to bake 2 things at once.  I didn’t take a picture while it was baking but I had to take out the wire rack because the loaf on top was up to the top, raised more than I thought it would.  Everything turned out except the rolls in the bottom pan were a little doughy in the middle.  I think the bread is fine.  We will try it this morning.  We will probably find out about the rolls tomorrow or Saturday when I go back to work.  I always try something a little different when making bread.  This time I added extra sugar and some vanilla to it.  Will be interesting to see what it tastes like.

We had a call from Don and Terri, Daniels parents, and they will be coming to Branson tomorrow and they wanted to get together for dinner.  Sounds like a great idea to me. I thought about the Branson Belle and went to check the prices.  If Linda had been working we may have been able to afford it but the dinner cruise and show would cost about $250, just a little steep.  We will wait and see where they want to go for dinner.

100_0754

This is the Branson Belle.  It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Maybe someday we will give it a try.

100_0755

100_0756

The two pictures above are Table Rock Lake.

100_0757

This is part of the Branson Belle docking area, the Wharf. It was really well maintained.  The area had great flowers and manicured lawns.

We went to ReMax to see the lady that has our “time share” listed for us. She is a good sales person, but I told Linda we probably will not see or hear any more from her.  It has been on the market for eight months or so and she said they had lookers but no offers.  There is still another fourteen months or so to go on it and we will wait to see what happens.

After taking a nap we decided to go to Applebees for dinner. We had the coupon or gift certificate from the Tony Roi show and decided this was a good day to use it.  The price was right, the food, well, for the price it was OK. After dinner we went to old Branson and went to a little restaurant to get some “cobbler”.  All they had was Blackberry, Linda ordered it and I ordered a piece of pie.  When we got them we traded because the cobbler had to many seeds for Linda.  We enjoyed it and had a nice little walk around old Branson.

 

We had nothing planned for tonight so we stayed in and I didn’t get tired.  Not sure if it was because of the nap or the fact that I didn’t work today. We stayed up for the news and went to bed after that.  According to the weather the humidity is coming back along with more heat.  Guess this is summer!!!!   Nite Y’all…

1 comment:

  1. oooooooo, those cinnamon rolls looks sooo good!
    We're getting a break in temperature, also. Must be the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete